- The name of the Society is the Association of Marine Surveyors of British Columbia, hereinafter referred to as the Association.
- The purpose of the Association is to:
- Bring together the persons of specialized training and experience presently practicing the profession of General Marine Surveying.
- Combine membership skills for mutual development of the profession and so raise the standards of the profession.
- Develop and expand the complex basis of the profession.
- Regulate the professional practice by providing guidance to General Marine Surveyors.
- Represent the professional practice of General Marine Surveying to Shipping and Marine Association enterprises and to the General Public.
- Represent the Association in establishing or developing purposeful and meaningful communication with other professional bodies, or organizations where interest may be common, similar or associated.
- The operations of the Association are to be carried out within the Province of British Columbia.
3. This society is a member-funded society. It is funded primarily by its members to carry on activities for the benefit of its members. On its liquidation or dissolution, this society may distribute its money and other property to its members.